Week of September 26- le 26 septembre

Fall greetings!  Reminders: Open House is this Wednesday, room 133, 5-7. Looking forward to meeting you all!unknown

Library is every Thursday. Please return books in a ziplock bag.

Thanks to everyone who sent in a baby picture. I’m still waiting for a few more, and I don’t want to leave anyone out.  Please send in a photo (or a digital file) as soon as possible.

I sent an email regarding the Terry Fox run. Your support is greatly appreciated. Date: Thursday, September 29th, Rain Date- September 30th.

The apple crisp was a hit last week. We will continue to talk about the changing seasons in the weeks to follow. I’m planning a nature walk for next week and will be sending home the permission forms later this week.

This week, our Social Studies, Art, and French studies will revolve around the concept of “Tout sur moi”. All about me! Our author study will be on Karen Beaumont and Peter Reynolds. We will also be talking about families and the rules and responsibilities around school and home. We will be talking about how we resolve conflicts and solve problems together. In Art, we will be working on personal collages that show off each child’s uniqueness and identify the things we like to do.

In Physical Education and Health our focus is on developing healthy fitness habits by participating in physical activity each day. We are working on basic locomotion skills (running, changing direction, skipping, etc.), ball handling, and co-operative games.

Here are a couple of songs I’ll be introducing this week:

Have a great week everyone!